The following text was taken from the Official INBF site:
At last – a truly drug-free bodybuilding, figure and fitness federation for natural men and women! With the non-profit INBF (International Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness Federation), you get what you see:
- Strict drug-testing at every show – the same standards everywhere!
- Seven years natural requirement for bodybuilding, figure and fitness!
- Polygraph testing of ALL ATHLETES, plus urine testing at pro-qualifiers!
- Fair judging and NO POLITICS!
- Extensive media coverage via Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness magazine, and the exercisegroup.com and inbf.net websites!
- Opportunities to advance to the Pro level in the WNBF where over $60,000 is awarded each year to natural athletes in Bodybuilding and Figure contests!
- Many divisions: Open Men & Women, Masters Men & Women, Figure, Fitness, Novice Men & Women, Teens and more!
Since its founding in 2000, the INBF is the fastest growing drug-tested bodybuilding federation in existence. More than 3000 athletes now belong to this organization, where more than 35 opportunities exist for competition each year across the country. And, with a close affiliation with the NANBF ñ who adhere to the same strict standards of drug-screening and show quality ñ members of the two federations can choose from over 50 competitions annually with one membership card.
This tremendous growth is due to a number of factors. The gateway to the Pro Natural WNBF is an obvious reason, as is the exceptional promotional opportunities that come with Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness magazine. This is the only commercial, newsstand magazine dedicated to the drug-free lifestyle, and each INBF member receives a subscription automatically with their annual membership dues. With the circulation of NB&F growing rapidly, this allows INBF members mainstream publicity for all their hard work and dedication.
But there is more to the INBF: There is no politics involved in the judging process, in the promotion of competitors or in the "control" of where athletes can compete. If they wish to, INBF members can compete wherever they please. It is their choice. But once they've had the opportunity to compete in the INBF/NANBF network of shows, why would they want to compete anywhere else anyway?
If you want to find out more about the INBF and its growing show schedule, log onto inbf.net, exercisegroup.com or check out the latest issue of NB&F. You can see results of past shows, rules and regulations, sample entries to various events, photos and more. You can also request a membership application and join the federation online. And with your complementary subscription to NB&F, you'll also receive detailed stories about the latest natural supplements, training techniques and lots of other exciting information.
I invite you to join the INBF! Train hard and stay natural!
–Steve Downs, C.S.C.S.